Dr. Jenna Williams McDermed
Before therapy Kevin took a lot of time doing his homework. Now he takes less time and his comprehending is a lot better. He is reading more and he is getting 80 and 90 on his AR tests.
--K. A., Age 9
We are a specialty optometric practice dedicated to diagnosing and treating vision problems that interfere with reading, learning and activities of daily living such as sports, climbing stairs, pouring drinks, etc. Dr. Jenna Williams-McDermed uses vision therapy to teach patients to use their vision across a range of different circumstances. We focus on children, particularly those with learning difficulties, using visual training as a way to improve the use of his or her eyes. We also provide specialty care to help athletes develop the advanced levels of visual ability that is needed for sports.
The Visual Health & Learning Center provides:
- Specialty Vision Evaluations for all ages - while we specialize in working with children, adults often have similar vision problems and we are happy to help. There is no age limit.
- Sports Vision Correction and improvement
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Reading, and Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as Amblyopia (lazy eye), Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder), Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Special Populations, including Patients with Developmental Delays, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sensory Disorders, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including EyestrainNearsightedness, Headaches or Computer Vision Syndrome